Friday, September 01, 2006

Palo Alto - First 27 Hour Day

1.5 movies and 3 hours later, I have arrived at Palo Alto...

It seems Americans here don't seem to like to go over the speed limit all that much. If the road says 35 is the max, the cars rarely go 50. Imagine driving 60 on steeles... you'd probably get honked at... .but driving at the speed limit here; let's me enjoy the view.. .maybe that's why the people here drive at the speed limit.

The miles / kilometers thing also threw me a bit off. For the first 5 min or so, I was baffled as to why 60 feels so fast in a Corolla, but more strangely, why I seem to be blowing past cars around me when I go 75... then I realized 60 was in miles... and then I saw the speed limit and it made sense...

Got to my motel relatively easily... (very nice place.. has A/C!!!). Then went to good ol' Walmart for some much needed goods. Also went to the bank and drove around Palo Alto.

Went to downtown Palo Alto at night. Was a very beautiful place...reminds me of main street at Unionville... but prettier! Patios and cafes everywhere. Italian cuisine almost every block. Ordered a calzone and it was frikking huge!



but like all 27 hour days... having been up since 2:30am California (5:30 am TO time)... by 12am, I was dead tired and passed out for the rest of the night...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

in NY is much different, everyone **WANTS** to drive more than speed limit, but can never reach it, b/c there are just way too much traffic! hehe

i usually take the subway in NY...but then i went to the outlet mall with one of my colleague and that's pretty much the first time i've been in a car..hahaha..and i was laughing at my friend who's driving 60 on highway..LOL..it's later that i realized it is in MILES! =P