Saturday, September 09, 2006

San Fran - Part I - The Cloudy City

So leaving sunny Palo Alto yet again, we arrive at the cloudy San Fran... Very cold there actually... very windy as well... amazing what a 20 min drive can do to the weather here... and from my roommates, it seems like San Fran is ALWAYS like this...given this fact, I wonder why people in San Fran don't migrate to Palo Alto...

Events at San Fran:

Like all faithful tourists, we went for the famous crabs (Dudeguuesesnsen crabs) here at fisherman's wharf... was pretty good... first time I ever had crabs for lunch though!...

After them crabs, we walked around the pier... now I am probably gonna get sued by this kid if he ever discovers my blog, but below is a movie that I would like to entitle "the Pier 39 prodigy"... this is sooo good!



This kid raked in the dough.. probably did better than the guy sitting on the bench watching him (probably his dad)...

Golden Gate was very cloudy... I was hoping to see mist below the bridge, but instead, got mist on TOP of the bridge... You will see when I post pics later on...

Also, as we were walking, saw this palm reader person... didn't do the whole reading but interesting what they said nevertheless... I get the same phrases a lot I realize... I wonder if they really all read the same book, or I am destined by how the lines on my palm are drawn

oh.. and sealions... those were sooo cool... here's my favorite sealion.. :)



We are in so key! Here's another pic! It's like a match made in heaven!



As I am sitting here, I look down my feet and see my white flip flops. feels like i am walking on a cloud... my best investment in the US thus far!... $7.97 from walmart!... no pics for this one .. readers will just to wait or get on webcam.. haha... hope it is still white by the time it gets back to TO...

Also, talked to my roommates... figured out why East Palo Alto is a no rent zone... apparently East Palo Alto was the 'murder capital of the US' 7 years ago... surprising how just a highway apart, there is such a difference.. .

So right now, the Mson map of the area is as follows (with my casa as the 'centre' of the universe.. ehheheh')

Around the casa: BMW litter program... (yes.. BMW, NOT BMX)
To the west: stanford and fancy cars
To the north: murrrrder capitol
To the south: houses that you probably need golf carts to go from one end of the house to the other
To the east: unexplored territory --> rumored to house a bunch of video card neerrrds :) ...

Alrite.. thats it for now.. more to come!

p.s. why San Fran Part I you ask?.. because I am planning to head back again.. this time to see Alcatrez up close!...

No comments: