Saturday, August 18, 2007

Yet Another Shopping Adventure

Since I have gotten into the US, it seems that I am starting to developed an interest in shopping...and buying stuff. I came to this realization when I was offered a battery of activities to choose from for this weekend, and I replied "I rather go shopping."

To start things off, we went to a rotating sushi restaurant that was really tasty. Tried sea urchin for the first time... This is the first restaurant I have seen in a while that even offered sea urchin, so I had to try it (as part of my experience new experiences mode here). In summary, the sea urchin reminds me of the black stuff in cooked oysters.. yuck!

After sushi, we proceeded to drive up north for 1 hour and finding ourselves in an outlet mall. There I bought yet more stuff, including a cutlery set that looked very pretty (above). A crescent moon as a stand with dangling sparkly cutlery... all for the price of $30.00!

At the outlet mall, also spent 2+ hours at the adidas store. It's been a long time since I last bought shoes... for the longest time, I couldn't decide which ones to get!!! But in the end, I decided and now have 2 more pairs of shoes...

Shoes, cutlery set... AND I also bought some new shirts :). Ended the day at a Mongolian Grill. It was not very busy there, but walking inside a Mongolian Grill did give me a dejavu moment. Can't believe it's already been almost 6 mths since I had my last Mongolian in Waterloo!

As always, AYCE food is always good! As we were paying the bill at the counter, I noticed 3 Hello Kitty figurines on the counter and started playing around with it... Turns out they are actually pens and these were toys from Happy Meals from McDs in Taiwan. Seeing my extreme fascination with them, the girl at the counter gave me one :). What a nice girl!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! You'd rather go shopping. The first time you've surprised me. Looks like I have someone to hang out at the malls with =)