Sunday, August 12, 2007

A la Bibliotheque

Waking up at the good regular time of late 11ish, I proceeded to eat the original breakfast of champions. I think I've been eating out wayyy too much this week, seeing that I ate out on on Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, and Sat!!!

Today was a very special day though... because today is the day I go to the library! My goal is to borrow a 'reading book' to read (something that I have not done in 6 yrs). Here is the definition of a 'reading book' (as defined by Mson's dictionary):

"A 'reading book' is a book that is a non-textbook. It can be fiction, or of non-fiction type. If it is a non-fiction book, it must not be a researchy type-like book. A 'reading book' is not a classic; books similar to Shakespearian literature, Aristotle's Ethics are not 'reading books'. Another criteria of a 'reading book' is that it must not resemble a brick. Also, a magazine is not a 'reading book'.

An example of a 'reading book' is, but not limited to a novel."


So after a 4 hr laundry session, I set out to the library in search of a 'reading book'. The library system here is pretty cool. Even though I cannot show that I don't live out of a box on the street, I am allowed to borrow 2 books :). You also get to choose from 6 different designs for your library card...AND you have the option of either getting the card version, or the key chain version. I got the keychain version because I have wayyy too many cards already that my wallet would burst if I put another one in!... But then again, there are so many things on my key chain right now that it looks like I stuck a football in my pants when I walk around.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You get to choose the design of your library card... cool =)