Saturday, May 28, 2011

Soccer on a Saturday!

Trying to play soccer more these days. Not only because I want to get in better shape, but also to not suck as much during those indoor games.

I am pretty horrible these days. Can't hit the ball properly, out of breadth < 15 minutes, my passes are no where near where I want it to be, and I can't score. I guess the best way to put it is I am a 'cardboard man'.... lol.

So with that, today I played. It was pretty fun. There was a good mix of people that I could do some practicing of different skills.

Got pissed off at one kid who kept dribbling the ball and not passing... so I took the ball from him... lol. (and yes, he was on my team). After that, he passed alot more - and we scored! Pretty douche move on my part, but oh well, I think it was more fun overall.

Did get decked early on in the game though (this guy didn't mean to, but still did a few sommersaults). So as part of it, landed awkwardly and sprained my right ankle. Though I still played for another 1.5 hours after that. Hahaha. Needless to say it was pretty painful afterwards once the adrenaline wore off.

Ouch!... But its okay, since I am going back to T.dot for a few weeks, I won't be doing anything active. So it will be good rest time for me ankle.

No comments: