Wednesday, May 04, 2011

From 0 LCD to 2 LCD.. Yay!

So my phone has been without a working LCD screen for almost 2 months+ now. Thinking that the launching of the mythical awesome phone is approaching, I kept holding off on finding a replacement, but instead, learned how to receive calls, and also how to call people blindly (note: this phone's LCD worked as a keypad). It was short of magic in which I was able to operate this LCD-less phone. An additional magic trick is when the sun was bright enough, I could actually check my texts or any messages by angle-ing my phone in a certain angle to see enough contrast to sorta make out the messages.

However, with the recent fail of setting the alarm clock probably and the inevitable delay of the mythical phone for Verizon, I decided it was time to just get a new phone. I had held off on this thinking that if I get a new phone I wouldn't be able to get this mythical magical phone (which still has no official launch date.. aiiii...)... but it seemed like I might still be able to, and having a phone that actually works properly is sorta useful (especially since it's my main phone line and way to reach me).

So I talk for an hour with the sales rep, learned about pre-certified phones... and found a pretty decent feature phone for $0 that has a full keyboard, TWO LCD screens, and is extremely light. Yay!

With that, I can receive texts and reply to them again! And I have 2 LCD screens on this phone... so even if one breaks, there is still another one... wuhahaha

No comments: