Sunday, September 09, 2007

Day of Waiting...

An eventful day full of waiting...

1) First hunted around for printers, then waited for printers to print 300+ pages of stuff

2) Went to Fry's... in hopes of getting a router.. only finding out that they didn't sell it there, so had to wait until I got home before I can order it online!
Also lined up for 15 min until I was able to buy anything else

3) Went to Ikea to get extra parts and refunds... waited half an hour+ to get the part(s) I needed. Couldn't really be mad though, the girl at the counter was so nice and all smiley.. even offered to buy me a coffee cuz of the long wait!

4) For dinner, went to a Vietnam restaurant which seemed to have opened a few weeks ago... It had a very nice bathroom... with rocks in the sink and everything. The stall was actually higher than normal, but the bathroom was pretty nice.
The waiting was ridiculous though
a) Waiting for a table...
They took 10 minutes to set up a table of 8 (which was for a group before us)... meanwhile there were empty tables everywhere else. Server told us that she wanted to set up the table properly before letting us sit down.. which seemed reasonable.
Result: When we sat down, the only 'setup' she had to do was give out menus... Of the 6 ppl there, 3 got menus cuz they ran out.

b) Waiting for water...
This took another 10 minutes. Funniest thing was the first cup of water (for 6 of us), came 10 minutes before the rest. The 6 of us were just wondering who gets the water... or if we have to share... lol

c) Waiting for food...
Seeing quail on the menu, I jumped at the opportunity to get it. So we ordered and nothing seemed wrong. Half an hour later (and right before 2 of the other 6 ppl got server), I guess the staff there realized they weren't gonna be able to catch 2 quails for our table... so the server comes by to tell me that they are out of quails... and I had to reorder another dish... Sure wished they told me this earlier.
Result: Me and CS buddy (who ordered quail as well) had to order something else... and by the time I got my meal, everyone else at the table had finished their meals.

Later on, the server comes by and goes 'oh, so you are still eating your dinner'... What am I suppose to say to do that I wonder... lol

So this ends the day of numerous waits...

No comments: