Thursday, December 10, 2009

blooooowfish and the boot

Today I booked off my evening so I can try for the first time in my life, blowfish. A fish I came to know about when I watched Simpsons wayyy back, today I finally get the chance to try it.

Supposedly a little bit of poision from this fish can kill 2500 mice. It has 5 layers of skin, and I think every layer is edible! Pretty cool eh?

We started off with a sashimi plate - that had both sashimi and 2 layers of its skin. Then we had a piece of sushi of it (which was really yummy), then a hot pot, and then the remaining broth was used to make 'pau fan'. The 'pau fan' was really
good I thought - I am always tempted to say it was actually sweet!

The taste is hard to describe. I would almost say its like beef without the blood - if that makes any sense at all. It did feel very healthy eating the meal though. It felt very 'clear'..., only thing was it was a tad expensive (ie. good to do once or twice, but not something I would do every week).

Still feeling hungry, we then headed back to good ol' Redmond for some happy hour oysters. Filled out our stomach, then I drove allll the way back across to go to a german bar. And then that is where I saw.... the Boot! Yes, the boot, the bubble, the bubble!!! Without waiting, I orderd one and off we went :). 2L of beer, in one container, THAT is THE one drink!

Who'd thought - of all places, I would eat blowfish and drink the boot here.

No comments: