Saturday, September 28, 2013

Birthday Weekend: Mashiko and Karoake

Surprise #2: Started off the night at Mashiko - my favorite... This surprise the moment we started on the highway, I knew :). I am getting better at guessing.

The menu today was (sorry, no pictures :( ) - phone lost all my pictures :( )
1. Sea snail
2. Kumamoto oysters
3. Rainbow trout with ponzu sauce and infused with Shiso
4.Baby shrimp n Shigoku
5. Soft tofu w Ikura on top
6. Albacore with Macadamian nuts
7. Tako w bonito flakes
8. Scallop, sockeye, tuna
9. White king salmon tartar
10. Albalone satay
11. Herring
12. Rockfisk
13. Geoduck satay
14. Mochi

Got to see Dancing Beast and his gf, which I haven't seen in awhile.  As with all Mashiko outings, the omakase had to follow.  Mmmmm... Also had a ton of sake!

Second part of the night was karoake.  Singing and drinking and caking.  Funnnn... Though I have to say at this point, I was going in and out of memory given the amount I had drank before at Mashiko.

After Karoake, to finish off the night (since I hear they wouldn't extend our reservation), we walked over to a bar.  Lil genius somehow got me convinced I need to have a 30 year scotch - just like Dancing Beast on his birthdays.  So we did that.  30 year old Balvenie.  $200 a shot.... Wow.  I have to say, I swear I ordered a Macallan.

Fun fun night - haven't had a night like this in ages.  Thanks! :D


No comments: