Saturday, September 30, 2006

Mson's Express Route to Work

So this morning, thinking I was going to go to Six Flags... but the 'City Boys' had a late night and was too tired to go. So having woken up bright and early at 10:15am in the morning, I decided to use google maps to investigate the 'express route' to work.

For those who have forgotten, the dear old car right now has to travel 2.5 miles to work, and last time I walked it and found a quarter, it took 45 minutes. And a few weeks back, I had hypothesized that I could cut this time by half.

So today, armed w/ a trusty bike from my roommate, I set out on a journey to find this express route... and lo and behold, IT EXISTS. A 10 minute EASY and light bike ride, cutting through trails and no parking lots, 1 hill (that has both an up and a down hill), and minimal main streets, I estimated this route to be 1.5 miles at the most (or about 2.5 km). But more importantly, it means that there is now a route that can be walked in 30 min (or 20 minutes jogging)...

My most exciting discovery yet!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds like an exciting way to start off ur bday morning wor...haha. Same here for me la. We owe it to ourselves to celebrate again later!

Anonymous said...

o....forgot...happy birthday btw :D

Anonymous said...

dangerous...