Tuesday, May 22, 2007

2nd 27 Hour Day... Location: Seattle

Waking up at 4am Toronto time, I begin my 2nd ever 27 hour day...

My first time in the Seattle area...

Surprise #1: Residence Inn - had a kitchen, free Internet, free local calls -- no more $1.50/min phone calls!!! The room was very nice; much different than Egypt. The room looked almost like the studios that I am looking to rent! A tad pricey but very nice place.
Good Surprise #2: Todai located right across from Residence Inn... I am in heaven!!!
Good Surprise #3: Crabpot... Had Dungenous Crab there. It was MASSIVE!! Served w/ corn on a cob and potatoes, was very filling!

Today wasn't the best of days for me to drive. With me looking around while driving, looking at the map AND playing with the radio, I have to admit I was a hazard on the road. Highlight was when I almost rear-ended a car (but lucky the brakes worked and screeched like there's no tomorrow). There were little close calls here and there, but at the end of today: car is unscratched (knock on wood), and I am still in one piece (knock again on wood).

On another note, I am now trying to get used to what I term 'American driving'. This is a kind of driving where you stay at the speed limit and only go over it by 5 mph MAX. So my adventure continues.

No comments: