Saturday, June 14, 2008

Drunk Badminton

So originally this night was actually slightly frustrating. After dinner, everybody wanted to do something, but no one wanted to do anything! 2 hours of talking about what we could do, gahhhhhhhhh!!!

Anyway, so the final plan was to go to a local bar, then play drunk badminton. To me, that's actually a better alternative to IMO (since if I had gone again, this would take my count to 8 times in the past 7 weeks!). So we drank a bit - well, I had 3 beers, but nothing anywhere to satisfy a weekend in June... especially today, then went off to play drunk badminton.

Armed with my 'special' red gatorade, I went about playing badminton :). First time since.. er.... grade 9?..hahaha. I think the years of not playing actually made me better than before. For once I could actually see the birdie unlike in the past. But turns out the rest of them actually knew what they were doing, so I had to basically try to mimic what they do on the spot (and that didn't go so well). It was pretty fun for me because I was just running around and wacking at the birdie (and sometimes it magically landed in the right place), but I wonder if it was fun for them. They didn't really seem to be too into it. Maybe they were tired?

So after an hour or so, a couple of them left and so I got badminton master to teach me how to smash. Smashed at (or tried to smash at the birdie) continuously for 10 minutes is pretty tiring... but sooo dam fun! Felt it the so much next morning though. My arm was hurting and my shoulders were too!

The interesting thing is that this little exercise just showed me that I can still be pretty active. Played soccer in the morning, then badminton at night, and I wasn't really all that tired. It was almost like the more I was playing, the better I felt!

No comments: