Thursday, June 19, 2008

Kirkland Outing.. $50 for ketchup!

It is June afterall, so if anyone tempts me with a drinking related event, the answer to it is usually a "yes, when and where?"... Today was no exception :)

So the plan is to tag along and hit a few bars in Kirkland. So after volunteering, whipped up dinner, then went to experience the bars at Kirkland. Meeting up w/ fellow coworker, we ended up going to two bars. Turns out it was one of his friends bdays.

Anyway, highlight of the night (Note: I was still completely sober at this time):
So here we were talking, and in front of us laid an innocent bottle of ketchup. Some random talk later.. then all of a sudden I hear "I will give you $50 if you drink this bottle of ketchup"... Now having ate half a tub of margarine as a dare before, ketchup seemed very doable... and for $50... haha.. that was awesome. So we laid down a few rules, and then off we went...

I was given 2:30 min to finish about 3/4 bottle of delicious Heinz ketchup. Two key factors contributed to the success making of $50.
1) As much as it wiggles and slides inside the bottle, Heinz really meant it when they said "It will come out when it's ready"... for the first 10 sec or so, nothing came out... solution: pound at the ketchup bottle so that the ketchup goes into a cup, then drink out of that
2) Ketchup in cup doesn't fall off - can't really pound at it cuz it will go all over my shirt. Solution: Using my brilliant engineering mind, the solution was sooo clear. Ketchup in one cup, beer in another... pour beer into ketchup, and BAM... viscosity problems solved! sooooo s-m-a-r-k!
Even with these two tricks though, it did come pretty close, took me 2:23 min to complete this task.

With all crazy actions, there must come some lesson. The lesson of the day is...
ketchup is actually spicy. It seems that if you drink enough in a short amount of time, the onion powder and spices can actually be tasted. If I didn't see the ingredients on the labe, I swear someone sneaked some Tabasco sauce into it!

Btw, a movie of this 2:23 min adventure is somewhere out there... just need to find it!...Maybe I will update this blog entry with it when I get my hands on it.

$50 for ketchup. wuhahaha... so ends another random night out of the house...

Updated:
Link to the youtube video!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can't believe you drank just ketchup Ewwww =P